7/5/11

K-I-S-S-I-N-G: Noah and 2DC get more love for their Lovejoy baby

"Noah Van Sciver's The Death of Elijah Lovejoy is his single strongest work to date..." --Rob Clough, High-Low

We love yah Noah!


"Van Sciver also uses a lot of interesting panel shapes which often help convey the chaotics circumstances of this story." --Xaviar Xerexes, ComixTalk

I've had my eye on our pal Noah Van Sciver for a little while now and when I saw his Lovejoy comic on his blog I saw this as a strong leap forward in his work. It made me wish I were a wealthy fellow instead of small press comics publisher-- so as to shower him with dough (not bread or cookie dough-- MONEY!), so as to allow him to continue the good work in style. In any case, I am immensely pleased that Noah and 2DC were able to bring this project to life with Zak Sally over at La Mano. I think it's a perfect fit if I do say so myself. AND, I am really happy about these reviews we have been having come in too! The Death of Elijah Lovejoy really is a tasty salvo for Noah's upcoming graphic novel about Abraham Lincoln, The Hypo. That book is going to rock so hard!

We recently got another order from a shop we had not had any books at previously-- the awesome shop that is Floating World Comics! I have not been there myself-- but I really really liked no, LOVE the Diamond Comics newsprint anthology that FWC puts out. It is a glorious thing!

Well, I gotta split, my wife has to update her mouth therapy blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment